I’ve been trying to become a vegan for a while now. I can quite manage to stay without chicken and beef and pork, of course, but not quite yet with fish. Fish is my weakness! I just love salmon. I’ll be trying to share recipes of salmon for the rest of the month of September, as I find it so delicious! I’ll be sharing this (easy) one – a roasted salmon from Tieghan Gerard’s website. Here’s how to make it…
Pan Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
From Tieghan Gerard’s Half Baked Harvest
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pound wild caught salmon
fresh basil for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate molasses, pomegranate juice, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl.
4. Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven. Add the salmon to the center of the pan. Spoon the pomegranate glaze over the salmon. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon has reached your desired doneness.
5. Top the salmon with pomegranate arils and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Thank you so much, Tieghan! Your recipe is one of my favourites.
P.S. More salmon recipes coming soon!
(Reprinted from Half Baked Harvest. Copyright © 2017 by Tieghan Gerard. Photographs copyright © 2017 by Half Baked Harvest. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint.